Official Parade Rules and Regulations
OVERVIEW OF APPLICATION PROCESS:
· All organizations must submit a Participation Application by 10/31/2018
· All applications are reviewed by the Parade Committee
· Accepted groups are sent confirmation emails
· Confirmed groups receive final assembly info and other details via email
- THE AUBURN VETERANS DAY PARADE reserves the right to reject or dismiss any entry which violates the below stated Rules and Regulations. Furthermore, the committee reserves the right to deny participation in future parades by groups / bands ignoring and violating these Rules and Regulations.
- THEME: All parade units are to depict a relevant, patriotic Veteran theme.
- RIGHT OF REFUSAL: The Parade Committee reserves the right of refusal to any entry deemed offensive to the spirit of the Veterans Day Parade, the general public or military branches of service. Offensive language, slogans on clothing or offensive clothing in general will not be allowed. The spirit of the parade is centered on the veterans and the men and women who are currently serving in our armed forces. The event is not to be used as a vehicle for political, religious or ideological venues.
- LINE OF MARCH: Parade units agree to the assigned placement by the Parade Director.
- FLOW OF LINE OF MARCH: Keep up with the unit in front of you at all times. Units shall not stop and/or perform routines at any point along the route without express permission. Units that are afoot are to maintain at parade marching formation. March at Attention at a comfortable and unified cadence while maintaining an interval of 30 ft. - 50 ft. between units. No Route March or At Ease March. Laggards will be removed from the parade route. No Strolling.
- SIGNAGE: All parade units must display identifying signs, flags, posters or banners to identify their unit. There shall be no display of political, religious or commercial statements, emblems or objects.
- SAFETY: Entries with children under the age of eighteen (18) must also have parents or other adult chaperons riding and or walking alongside, who provide supervision. Applicants are required to ensure the safety of persons riding on the floats. Persons riding on floats or flatbed trucks must be seated if there are no protective restraints. The Auburn Veterans Day Parade and the town of Auburn, CA are not responsible for the safety of the float or the person riding the float.
- CANDY / HANDOUTS: To avoid the risk of possible injury, the throwing of candy or any other items from a vehicle is strictly prohibited. We do not want any children running into the street in front of vehicles to pick up candy. CANDY MAY NOT BE TOSSED INTO THE CROWD. Due to the large amount of liter, parade units are strictly prohibited from distributing printed literature to parade spectators.
- ALCOHOL: No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the staging areas or on the parade route. No smoking, chewing, eating or drinking is allowed while in the parade.
- VEHICLES: Vehicles participating in the parade must be registered, insured and operated by a licensed driver. No parking in the staging area unless your vehicle is to be driven in the parade.
- NOISE: All units will be required to keep the blowing of horns, sirens and whistles at a minimal volume throughout the parade route.
- ANIMALS: Animals participating in the parade must be kept under control. If you cannot control your animal or its presence presents any safety issue, please remove your animal from the parade route rather than risk a problem. Entries involving animals of any kink must provide their own clean up or "pooper scooper" immediately behind their animal.
- LATE ARRIVALS: Those units arriving late will be placed at the end of the parade and will not be able to get crowd recognition from the Master of Ceremonies.
- WITHDRAWING: If you need to withdraw from the parade please notify the Parade Director, Roberta McGuinn (firstname.lastname@example.org or 916 743-4343) as soon as possible.
OUR LINEUP PEOPLE ARE VOLUNTEERING FOR THIS STRESSFUL JOB. YOUR COOPERATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.