PARADE LINE UP:
Line of March Order 2021
City of Auburn Fire Department
Grand Marshals –Terry Crouson and Gene Freeland, “Honoring All Honor Guards”
Auburn Area Honor Guards
Bagpiper, Bruce Locken of
The Scottish-American Military Society, Post 1921, led by Jerry Long
- Honorary Grand Marshals
A. Auburn Police Department Honor Guards
B. Placer County Sheriff’s Office Honor Guards
- American Legion Post 84 Commander - Tim Worley
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 169 - Representatives: Anna Dobbins, Glenda Schultz, and Kathy Masters.
- Placer County Navy League of the United States, led by Rear Admiral Bonnie Potter
and Sacramento Div. of the Naval Sea Cadet Corps
- Elmer Washman, WWII Purple Heart, Landed at Omaha Beach, Normandy France on
D-Day. Injured in Nemtz, France November 1945.
- Placer High School Marching Band - Drum Major Ava Lee, Band Dir. David Lawrenson
- Civil Air Patrol, Auxiliary of the US Air Force - led by Chris Fox
- Foothills Vintage Jeep Group - Restored WWII Jeeps and other Military Vehicles.
- Vietnam Veterans – a loosely organized group of Vietnam Veterans who band
together on Veterans Day for camaraderie at the Veterans Day Parade.
along with members of the VFW, Marine Corps League and American
- United States Coast Guard – RO San Francisco – led by Salle A. Madison, PO1,
- WWII 1943 Marine Corps Willy’s MB Jeep, with Doug and Lotte O’Neil
- Don Dusart, US Navy and Chris Daley, US Air Force, both are Vietnam Veterans
in Don’s 1969 Camaro
- Auburn Hook & Ladder Company #1: 1951 Willy’s M38, 1/4 Ton Jeep Truck -
driven by Kurt Taylor; and a 1932 Ford Military Fire Truck
- Brookdale Senior Living of Auburn – Van with 7 of their Veterans
- Solstice Senior Living at Auburn – Van with 14 Veterans of WWI and
- Auburn Ravine Terrace – Van with 8 – 12 Veterans from all wars and conflicts
- Volunteers of America – led by Kia Phillips, VOA assists homeless Veterans and
their families with housing, employment, food and other support services
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 904 – led by Commander J. D. Duenas
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary Post 904, led by Auxiliary President
Jean Rindahl, accompanied by Current State Auxiliary President
- Wreaths Across America- Marilyn Schneider, Location Coordinator w/reps from: Elks
Lodge 1691, DAR, SAR, Cub Scout Pack 13, Aub.Aviation Assoc., ALPost 84.
- Northern California Veterans Jeepers - led by Roger Hemsmeyr
- Auburn Host Lions - Craig Hollyfield driving a Classic Chevy K10 for "Feed the Hungry
of Auburn" serving Placer Co. since 1992
- EV Cain Middle School Marching Band - led by Music Director, Patricia Leftridge
- Placer County Sheriff's Search & Rescue - Katrina Kane, Coordinator, driving SAR
Tahoe and Detective & Dive Team, Brad Gravely, driving SAR Truck w/boat.
- Auburn 49er Lions Club - led by Ray Arnold - Their main project is their free Glasses
for school children, elderly and veterans
- Sons In Retirement Branch 37 or SIRs - a non-profit benefit corp. for men.
- Kiwanis Club of Auburn - Tawnya McLavey & 20 members. Kiwanis is celebrating
their 100th year of service to the Auburn Community
- Knights of Columbus, Mother Lode Assembly Honor Guard the Patriotic degree
of the Knights of Columbus - a men's fraternal organization
- Sierra College Veterans Success Center - Daymian Helms and 5 coworkers - support-
ing veterans and their families through education "Together, we succeed."
- Cub Scout Pack 6 - Hanna Robbins, Scout Leader and 20 Scouts "Do their best
when facing challenges."
- Cub Scout Pack 57 - Sarah Gillmore, Scout Leader and 25 members "Always
prepared for an adventure."
- BSA Cub Scout Pack 31 - Shelly Chin, Scout Leader and 15 members from Granite
- 49er Service Unit Girl Scouts - Kathy Van Dam, Scout Master - 45 members from Auburn, Foresthill, Cool, Loomis, Penryn and Newcastle.
- Granite Hills Service Unit #143 - Marjorie Truppa, Scout Leader, and 50 members.
They have a tradition of service to those who defend our freedoms.
- Silver Paw Ranch - A non-profit that matches and trains service dogs and disabled/
injured veterans to help each other through life.
- Rocco Risucci, United States Air Force Veteran of Korean War
- Betty Samson aka Rosie the Riveter's Fan Club - Steve Elliott driving his 1914
Model T, WWI Survivor vehicle.
- Gold Country Harley Riders - led by Dave Perkins with 14 members on their Harley's
- Up Pageantry/Placer County Scholarship Pageants - Tami Uhler, Owner/Operator - 15
members. A Placer tradition at the Fair since 1937.
- West Coast Pageants - Toni Foster Fossum, coordinator with 15 members, they provide
community service hours as part of their contribution as good Citizens.
- Faithful Warriors Chapt. of Christian Motorcyclists Assoc. - led by Wayne Warden
- American Legion Riders Chapter 84 - Bryan Johnson, President, Led by Fred Corcoran
and 20 Riders.
- END OF PARADE - Parade Director - Paula Celick
A SPECIAL "THANK YOU" TO AUBURN REGION VINTAGE CHEVY CLUB
AND TOWNSMEN CAR CLUB FOR PROVIDING SOME OF OUR VETERANS WITH RIDES TODAY.